Efficient production for maximum safety
Crash tubes are components of a structure that protect parts of the body and the engine from damage in the event of a collision. The front bumper is suspended from two crash tubes. As highly safety-relevant components, crash tubes must meet particularly stringent requirements.
Economical and reliable series process
The Felss crash tubes enable controlled conversion of crash energy through defined deformation. The area deformed in the event of a crash is characterized by precise wall thicknesses as well as high dimensional accuracy and repeatability: Precision in the manufacturing process ensures functionality in the event of a crash. In the production of the ready-to-install component, expansion and chamfering are completed in a single process step.
Special features of the realized solution
- Realization of a 90° shoulder with forming process
- Large step change with high geometric accuracy through forming
- Economical combination of various processes – from cold forming, hardening and grinding
Discover more applications
Do you have any questions or would you like some non-binding advice?
Do you have questions about our products and services and would like to find out more about Felss? Then do not hesitate to contact us! Our experts will be happy to advise you.
Around the world: Felss produces sophisticated components of the highest quality and precision at five locations worldwide. With our plants in Germany, Switzerland, the USA, China and Slovakia, we are your global partner and you can benefit from the transfer of know-how within our group.
Your added value with Felss
Felss stands for smart, customized solutions in cold forming. Our aim is to offer you real added value with our machines, components and services.
- Lightweight , weight-optimized use of materials thanks to intelligent material distribution.
- More resilient Improved component performance through targeted control of material properties.
- Resource-efficient waste avoidance and full material utilization through cold forming.
- Faster Shorter production times and optimized workflows thanks to innovative processes.
- More precise Highest accuracy of complex geometries thanks to Felss technologies.
- Tailor-made Optimal solutions, tailored to your individual requirements.
Come to us as early as the development phase of your projects
We support you throughout the entire process – from the drawing to the finished component and beyond.