The economical combination of various processes.
Hollow shafts transmit rotary movements and torques between parts that are firmly connected to them. Hollow shafts are used when weight is to be saved or the shaft is to have a high natural frequency.
Reduced use of materials and lightweight construction for resource-efficient results
For this Felss hollow shaft, a 90° shoulder was created using the forming process, whereby a large step jump had to be produced with the highest accuracy. The challenge was mastered through the economical combination of cold forming, turning, hardening and grinding. The processes used ensure increased component strength. Thanks to a cooperative development phase, this hollow shaft combines advanced functional integration with maximum resource efficiency.
Special features of the realized solution
- Realization of a 90° shoulder with forming process
- Large step change with high geometric accuracy through forming
- Economical combination of various processes – from cold forming, hardening and grinding
Discover more applications
Do you have any questions or would you like some non-binding advice?
Do you have questions about our products and services and would like to find out more about Felss? Then do not hesitate to contact us! Our experts will be happy to advise you.
Around the world: Felss produces sophisticated components of the highest quality and precision at five locations worldwide. With our plants in Germany, Switzerland, the USA, China and Slovakia, we are your global partner and you can benefit from the transfer of know-how within our group.
Your added value with Felss
Felss stands for smart, customized solutions in cold forming. Our aim is to offer you real added value with our machines, components and services.
- Lightweight , weight-optimized use of materials thanks to intelligent material distribution.
- More resilient Improved component performance through targeted control of material properties.
- Resource-efficient waste avoidance and full material utilization through cold forming.
- Faster Shorter production times and optimized workflows thanks to innovative processes.
- More precise Highest accuracy of complex geometries thanks to Felss technologies.
- Tailor-made Optimal solutions, tailored to your individual requirements.
Come to us as early as the development phase of your projects
We support you throughout the entire process – from the drawing to the finished component and beyond.