Complex geometry and precise gearing
Transmission shafts transmit rotary movements and torques. They are subjected to high torsional stresses and must be manufactured with corresponding precision. Particular attention is paid to the shaft-hub interface, which must be precisely designed and processed.
The optimum component in just a few process steps
This Felss gear shaft is characterized by complex, round swaged geometries, excellent surfaces and a consistently high gearing quality. The continuous fiber flow obtained by cold forming offers maximum stability while at the same time reducing component weight thanks to the hollow design. In production, it is possible to apply seven external splines to one clamping diameter with a reduced cycle time of approx. 95 seconds.
Discover more applications
Do you have any questions or would you like some non-binding advice?
Do you have questions about our products and services and would like to find out more about Felss? Then do not hesitate to contact us! Our experts will be happy to advise you.
Around the world: Felss produces sophisticated components of the highest quality and precision at five locations worldwide. With our plants in Germany, Switzerland, the USA, China and Slovakia, we are your global partner and you can benefit from the transfer of know-how within our group.
Your added value with Felss
Felss stands for smart, customized solutions in cold forming. Our aim is to offer you real added value with our machines, components and services.
- Lightweight , weight-optimized use of materials thanks to intelligent material distribution.
- More resilient Improved component performance through targeted control of material properties.
- Resource-efficient waste avoidance and full material utilization through cold forming.
- Faster Shorter production times and optimized workflows thanks to innovative processes.
- More precise Highest accuracy of complex geometries thanks to Felss technologies.
- Tailor-made Optimal solutions, tailored to your individual requirements.
Come to us as early as the development phase of your projects
We support you throughout the entire process – from the drawing to the finished component and beyond.