Precise and economical manufacturing solutions
The Felss axial forming machines produce high-precision external and internal gears on solid as well as hollow and extremely thin-walled parts – with short process times and to the highest quality. Discover some examples of axial forming machines from our range here.
AXIAL FORMING MACHINES AFH
Cost-efficient production of external gears and contours
Thanks to the patented system, the AFH machines offer a reduction in axial forces, allowing extremely thin-walled tubes to be serrated. The AFH machines therefore offer long tool life and short cycle times for economical production. The machine can be optionally equipped with additional stations, such as a de-oiling unit or multiple testing devices, or even integrated into a transfer system. The machines in the product family are available with and without a mandrel device, enabling the precise production of thin-walled components. The components can be fed either via the feed unit or directly via a robot.
Advantages of AFH machines
- High precision and tight tolerances
- Forming one or more high-precision gears in a single machining step
- Short cycle times
- Chipless manufactured blind hole toothing
- Resource-saving thanks to chipless production
- Highest repeat accuracy over the entire running time
- High dimensional accuracy thanks to one-piece tool
- Axial and radial clamping of components possible
External and internal gears such as splines and involute splines as well as ball track and many other profiles.
- Max. Finished part length: 900 mm; Max. Workpiece diameter: 60 mm; Max. Component weight: 11 kg
- Max. Tip circle diameter: 65 mm and up to 85 mm with smaller toothing module
- Max. Helix angle: possible
- Max. Module in one forming stroke: 2.5 mm
- Max. External toothing length: up to 270 mm; Max. Internal toothing length: up to 80 mm
- Tooth entry angle: 29°
The geometry and component dimensions always refer to the pipe, not to the solid material.
Your partner for
Cold forming solutions
Do you have further questions or would you like to clarify your requirements in a personal meeting? Talk to us.
Discover more applications
Your added value with Felss
Felss stands for smart, customized solutions in cold forming. Our aim is to offer you real added value with our machines, components and services.
- Lightweight , weight-optimized use of materials thanks to intelligent material distribution.
- More resilient Improved component performance through targeted control of material properties.
- Resource-efficient waste avoidance and full material utilization through cold forming.
- Faster Shorter production times and optimized workflows thanks to innovative processes.
- More precise Highest accuracy of complex geometries thanks to Felss technologies.
- Tailor-made Optimal solutions, tailored to your individual requirements.
Come to us as early as the development phase of your projects
We support you throughout the entire process – from the drawing to the finished component and beyond.