Partial tube thickening in the cold forming process
The Felss Tube machine+ enables a partial wall thickness increase of tubes in the cold forming process thanks to the process of the same name and thus the highest component accuracy.
Reduction of process steps through pipe thickening
The Tube machine+ offers partial thickening of the wall thickness of a thin-walled blank. The process of the same name developed by Felss Tube+ enables the wall thickness to be increased by means of a cold forming process, thereby ensuring maximum component accuracy.
Advantages of the Tube+ machines
- Higher degrees of forming possible
- Increased strength of the complete component
- Savings in process steps
- Short process times
- Lower blank costs
- Calibration of the complete component (also in the non-thickened area)
Tube+ areas of application
Tube+ is an alternative to hot forming. Compared to hot forming, higher dimensional accuracy can be achieved and process steps, blank costs and cycle times can often be saved. This makes it possible to dispense with a heat supply and large forming presses despite the high degree of forming. Together with the reduction in process steps, Tube+ thus increasing economic efficiency.
The Tube+ machine is currently a prototype in a horizontal design and produces tubes thickened on one side as preliminary stages for steering shafts. In future, the machine will be available as a modular system for different market segments with customer-oriented products. In the future, drive shafts with thickened ends on both sides can also be produced using our Tube+ can be produced.
Your partner for
Cold forming solutions
Do you have further questions or would you like to clarify your requirements in a personal meeting? Talk to us.
Discover more applications
Your added value with Felss
Felss stands for smart, customized solutions in cold forming. Our aim is to offer you real added value with our machines, components and services.
- Lightweight , weight-optimized use of materials thanks to intelligent material distribution.
- More resilient Improved component performance through targeted control of material properties.
- Resource-efficient waste avoidance and full material utilization through cold forming.
- Faster Shorter production times and optimized workflows thanks to innovative processes.
- More precise Highest accuracy of complex geometries thanks to Felss technologies.
- Tailor-made Optimal solutions, tailored to your individual requirements.
Come to us as early as the development phase of your projects
We support you throughout the entire process – from the drawing to the finished component and beyond.