Aximus: Innovation in spline production
The name of the new generation of systems is program: "Aximus" uses Felss's patented frequency-modulated axial forming to produce splined elements. Users do not only profit from this the exceptional efficiency and precision of this process. the modular construction allows for this new generation of machines to be perfectly adapted to all production requirements. Aximus opens up new possibilities for spline production.
Benefits of Felss Aximus Machine
The systems are perfectly configured by Felss experts for the respective production situation – this also applies if at a later date, crucial requirements such as quantities or the geometry of the part change. Aximus can be retrofitted at any point in time.
The range of parts that can be produced with Aximus is extremely broad. Internal and external splines are produced on the systems – even simultaneously if necessary. Having short change-over times also means that small batch sizes can be manufactured economically.
Highest precision is a feature of axial forming with Aximus. The reproducibility of the process is also optimum. Even large-volume production processes are completed with high process reliability. Plus: The hardening distortion during axial forming is minimal.
Felss produces the Aximus machines in both vertical and horizontal versions, both of which are extremely compact. They can also be easily integrated into existing automation solutions.
The design of Aximus is completely modular – from the automation to the control cabinet “modular3”. Added to this are modern components such as the CNC control that is used. The result is an extremely sustainable system generation.
Wide range of applications
When using the Aximus systems, users also benefit from a patented Felss innovation: the frequency modulation. Forming takes place during many small steps. The forming forces that occur are hereby reduced by approximately 40%. The innovative process can thereby be used with a series of new applications. Thin-walled hollow shafts and internal splines in blind holes can be produced in the same way as for instance large modules, gearbox shafts or external and internal splines in one clamping.
Aximus models - perfectly adapted systems
The vertical design of the axial forming machines is usually used to machine short parts or flanged parts. The main modules are mostly identical to those used for the horizontal design.
- The press foundation (with the horizontal design) is adapted to the respective system and can also hold the press drive if necessary. The press unit on the foundation has four columns.
- The forming cylinder is located together with the forming die and clamping device on a common central axis.
- The clamping device has a central a centrally closing clamping element. They guarantee the central clamping of the workpiece.
- The feeding device inserts the workpieces in the clamping device and positions them so their end protrudes in the direction of the die.
- The tool changer allows you to perform multiple operations consecutively while the clamping of the workpiece remains unchanged.